Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Rocky is the Champion!

Mom says that I have won a new championship title -
Favorite Cat on Quilt 2016!

My cover shot

If you are just meeting me for the first time, you can read about how I became a Quilt Snoopervisor HERE, and how I was rescued from the coyotes in the North Carolina mountains HERE.  

Pets on Quilts 2016

So, this is what happened.
Mom says Jacque over at Lilypad Quilting held this wonderful contest called
Pets on Quiltsand lo and behold, I won as the favorite Cat!!!

I have to tell you, I’m overcome with surprise, 'cuz you see, I have never seen myself as anything special. I’m just a little gray cat from the mountains who was lucky enough to be adopted by my new Mom and Dad. But Mom says I am very special, and it makes me happy to know that she thinks so.  She says I am the sweetest cat she has ever had - and that’s saying something 'cuz Mom has had lots of cats since she was a little girl!  (I think that must have been quite a long time ago!)

I do believe that I have an impressive set of manly cheeks, and a quite splendid set of whiskers, if I do say so myself!  (And yes, Miss Molly, they are REAL!!!)


I told Mom I really want to thank all my new furriends who voted for me purrrsonally, and especially Jacque, Padsworth and DragonDrop over at Lilypad Quilting!  And a special thanks to my new furriend Terri Stegmiller who is one of my mom’s favorite artist/designers and who sponsored this contest by contributing a gorgeous set of her amazing hand-dyed fat quarters -- which we WON!  Oh my!!!  My furry little paws are just itching to touch these fabrics …. can you even imagine how much fun it is going to be to help my Mom make a quilt with these beauties? 


My tail and whiskers are twitching with excitement, I tell you!!!!

Honestly, I’m not sure what this new title means, or what my new duties might be, but I have to say I hope there’s not a lot of fighting involved, because I’m a lover, not a fighter!!!  I'm hoping I left that part of my life behind in the mountains.  The only other cat I have to "fight" now is this wuss cat who lives with us and is always trying to claim my cat tree...


Believe me, he doesn't stay up there very long!!!

Since coming to live in Tennessee, I’ve enjoyed being an only kitty and loving on my new Mom and Dad as much as I want!


I don’t have to share their scratches or cuddles with anyone else!  And they give me all the food I want - even special food that has tuna in it!!! Yep - you heard that right!  Yum, yum, yum I love it!!!  Mom loves the little growly purrs I make every time she puts my bowl down.  It took a little getting used to not having to fight anyone else for my food.  Don’t tell anyone, but I’ve put on a few pounds since coming here - sssshhhhh!


Best of all, I haven’t seen even one coyote since I got here!  Mom says they have coyotes in Tennessee too, but you couldn’t prove it by me.  I’d just as soon never meet another coyote in my entire nine lives! That’s why I never ask to go outside - I’m purrfectly happy being an indoor kitty, safe and sound in my new home.  This is as close as I get to the outdoors now...


I admit to an occasional fantasy about catching one of those birds that keep flying around the window though....


Mom says I also need to congratulate the other winners of the Pets on Quilts 2016 contest - Buddy the Flickr dog (wait, wasn't that a horse???), and Kathy’s Ducks, (love her blog title, "Quacks on Quilts" - hahaha - just 'quacks' me up LOL!!!) and Lara for her mugrug of Charley and Wilbur - although I’m not quite sure why anyone would want to vote for dogs or ducks, do you?

Mom says Buddy is beautiful and that she would like to have a Sheltie someday. Seriously???? Why would she want a dog when she’s got me???  I can tell I’ve got my work cut out for me around here, keeping out stray dogs, defending my cat tree, helping Mom quilt, and working hard at my Snoopervisor job so I can stay slim and trim and keep my title next year =^..^=

So, again I just want to say THANKS again to all my new furriends who voted for me!!!  Mom and I are going to have a blast playing with our lovely new fat quarters! You can be sure I will be my best Snoopervisor ever for this project, because, you know, it has to be purrrrrfect to live up to Terri’s beautiful artistry!

Purrs & Headbutts!
Rocky
=^..^=

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You're such a pretty cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Rocky!! Congratulations on your big win! Your mom is going to have a blast with those gorgeous fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!! for Rocky. You are one QUILTY cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, congrats to Rocky!! A well deserved win, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Rocky and isn't that the fabric your mamma was eyeing? Good job winning it for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Rocky! I voted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Rocky! I'm sure you and Mom will come up with a fabulous quilt to showcase those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way ta go, Rocky! I knew you could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, Rocky, you did it in fab style!!! Look at what your Mum will be getting, I'm sure she will be so happy, and as I was one of the random winners , am so happy too. Although our cat didn't get a place, each one still has a special home here, with heaps of love and TLC. P.S. I didn't dare show them how close you get to the machine needle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah for Rocky!! So proud of this little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mocha and Ginger send their congratulations! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go Rocky. I knew you had it in the bag with those beautiful eyes and lashes and such a cute little smile. Have fun playing with your mom's new fabric that you helped win for her. I know she will love sharing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Rocky! I have to admit, you look like a sweet kitty in all your pictures! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Rocky,
    Your post is an obvious plea for help, so I magnanimously offer to be your manager and life coach. First, you do realize that YOU won best cat, and the quilter gets fabric. That, dear sir, is a metaphorical coyote bite. So let's turn that loving gratitude into feline attitude. Also, please send me an inventory of your toys and treats. As manager, I get 30 percent.

    Respectfully,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to go, Rocky . . . you were bound to be a champ! And don't let that ol' Molly spoil your sweet disposition! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, Rocky! I am not the least bit surprised that you won, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way to go, Rocky. Congrats! I can't wait to see what your human makes with those gorgeous fabrics so that you can pose with it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! What gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Rocky on winning and this delightful post. You are obviously are in cat heaven being with a Mom and Dad that love you so much. I agree inside is best and although we don't have Coyotes in the UK I'm frightened of going outside as we have large metal things that go way too fast just outside the front lawn!!! Love Skye (the lilac cat)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rocky you deserved that prize for being such a great quilting buddy! Your Mom is going to have a ball with Terri's beautiful fabrics. Maybe she might even make you a catnip mouse. Don't be too hard on the "wuss" cat, hahahahah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweetheart you are, Rocky!!! I think you are so darned cute. Enjoy the fabrics. I can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm behind in my blog reading but I just wanted to say that in my mind there was never any doubt that you would win this contest, Rocky. Congratulations!
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  23. My goodness but he is a looker. Are those blue eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hurray for Rocky! I love that first photo, he looks so content with life :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...