Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Finishing Up the June Challenges!


Rainbow Scrap Challenge - this is the last YELLOW Saturday for the month of June.  You can read more about my YELLOW Hootie HERE



and Soul Searching HERE.....


The day after I finished the YELLOW Soul Searching block, I put them all on the floor to see how they are looking -- and I just couldn't resist.....


 ..... I HAD to start pulling blacks for the center block to see how it was going to look!

I want the blacks to have the same colors in them to mirror the blocks as they move around the quilt.  Here is a closeup of the fabrics I finally chose ....


Before I knew it, I had started cutting and putting the block together!


And here it is in it's place.  


Can you tell that the colors move around the center block in a mirror to the blocks around it?  I'm really happy with the way this is turning out!!  You'll notice that I have already made the RED block :)  I went ahead and made it a few months ago when I washed my red fabrics.  It's nice to have that done!!!  Now I only have to do an ORANGE block for that center bottom space and these blocks will be DONE!

See more Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks HERE.....

June NewFO Challenge - July Calendar Quilt



I call this one Flowercrackers!  This quilt has been fused but still needs it's buttonhole applique stitching and quilting before it is ready to go on the wall.  I'm really loving it !!!

See more NewFO projects HERE .....

Vrooman's Let's Book It  - Calendar Quilts


I had just about forgotten about this book and how much I really, really LOVE these little quilts for each season!  Thanks Sharon for encouraging me to pick it back up and make this cute quilt for July 4th :*)

See more Let's Book It projects HERE ....


I'm glad I have a few more days before June is officially over - 
I still have lots to do before July knocks on the door!!!
Hope you are all enjoying your summer as much as I am :)

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

28 comments:

  1. I adore your owls. Your rainbow quilt is gorgeous. I love the idea behind the centre block. That 4 July quilt is really cute. Could be used all year round really as it doesn't appear to be too holiday specific xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics for the yellow hooty! Gorgeous Soul Searching quilt. And your mini - yes, agree with Gina - can be something to keep out year round. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous stash you have to be able to pull all those great fabrics just right for each block. Soul Searching is turning out SO stunning. Hootie is adorable as well. Great progress this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hootie is just so adorable! Each month, I declare that month's Hootie is my favorite ... but so far, I really think June's IS my favorite. I'm sure I'll change my mind when I see your July Hootie! ha!

    And what a fabulous job on the Soul Searching! I love how the colors in the black block follow the colors in the surrounding blocks! Genius!

    I love your Flowercrackers ... and noticed that you mention that it's been fused. I want to start doing some applique before too much longer. I've tried needleturn but just could not get the hang of it. I did a Google search on fused applique and finally found a tutorial that sounds like it might produce the results I'd like. But I have a few questions if you don't mind my asking. Do you do your blanket stitching by hand or by machine? Have you used this method for bed-sized quilts (I'm wondering if it holds up to machine washing and drying)? And do you have a tutorial that you could share (something you've bookmarked or maybe a book you've used ... I'm certainly not expecting you to write a tutorial! ha!)? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. When I saw your Soul Searching blocks next to your new cabinets I was surprised at how big they look. What size are they?

    I though Kathy (Nana) was making a joke about 'crackers and fuses, then realized she had legitimate questions. My warped sense of humor .....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... your Soul Searching blocks are gorgeous! The black one is just perfect! Love the idea of tying the colors together with that block. And Hootie is adorable! It looks like he has light shining through him. Love your mini, too. All are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-Wee!!! Love the Hootie block... but I can't decide which I like better - Hootie or the Soul Searching blocks. Your June yellow block is wonderful - love all your fabrics. But the center block is just fabulous! Love seeing all of these come together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How neat Teresa and I love the way the colors in the black block mirror the other blocks!!! Your little July quilt is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea on Soul Searching center. I seem to be seeing a lot of Soul Searching quilts lately but yours will really be unique.

    Hooties sure are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little Hootie owl is adorable, and your Soul Searching blocks look fabulous! I love the way your center block connects with the blocks around it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Hootie! I love owls. Don't miss my giveaway, just visit my blog and hop in.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your center block looks wonderful. I bet an orange block will go under it! Your flower crackers project is perfect for the Fourth of Julie and just in time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another very cute Hootie!
    Soul Searching looks wonderful--nice job on the center block!!
    Flowercrackers is perfect! This is your kind of RWB, for sure. So very fun, Teresa. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. THat's a might fine report. :D LOVE the owl, your Soul Searching set looks fabulous so far - really neat effect on the color placement in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fantastic... love how you organized the colours in that center block... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the center for your quilt. That July 4th quilt is adorable.... I must not start something new....... Way too cute. Ok - if red is the color for the month I may just make one (for next year!).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terrific idea for the center block! I love that quilt and the blocks also. Hootie is very cute, too. You are so productive! What do you use for fusing?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your yellow Hootie is perfect! I really love how you did the center block for your Soul Searching quilt to tie all the colors together! And the Flowercrackers quilt is fantastic! I may have to get this book!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hoodie is so sweet, and Soul Searching is stunning! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those soul searching blocks and the owl is always a hoot.... and you keep reminding me to get the calendar pattern out and work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Flowercrackers is adorable! And I just love the black/multicolored Soul Searching block - the black & multicolored fabrics are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your projects look great. How do you know what colors are coming up? You must be psychic. :) That is a clever idea for the center block too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hootie - what can I say, I adore your hooties.
    Soul Searching - a great pattern and on my to do list, I love your quilt but the black is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh your blocks are fabulous, and your flowercrackers is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good planning on the black soul searching block. It works just as you hope!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ah, cute! Love that patriotic project.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the Soul Searching pattern! The owl is so cute! Your firecrackers are very colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your blocks are looking great. Love your little patriotic quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...