Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

On the Needles - 9/16/13

Dreambird is taking shape!  I have six feathers done and I just love the progression of the Noro colors in the feather sections!  They are really popping nicely against the black too :*)


The last feather was only the second feather I have not had to tear out and redo.  Can you see this hole?


That's what happens when I don't do the "double stitch" right on the short rows.  And no matter how hard I concentrate, I've ended up making one of these holes most of the time before I'm finished with a feather!  The last feather went very well last night, though, so hopefully I've learned how to avoid these nasty holes and will have much less ripping out in my future :*)

Here are some of the feathers close up.... of course the colors are not exactly true in the picture, but they're close.  Aren't they gorgeous?



The Talkin' Turkey gals are coming today, so no time for a long post!  I'm hoping to share some new BABY BLUE blocks for So Scrappy's Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month. And on Sunday, I have a little bit of embroidery to share tomorrow on Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday, and a really cute fabric I picked up this week to share for Judy's Stash Enhancement, so stay tuned!!!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

11 comments:

  1. Your dreambird is going to be quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the first photo with all the feathers I thought, "Every peacock is going to be jealous!"
    Soooo beautiful!!
    Hooray for no nasty holes on this one! May that continue to be the trend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THE COLORS OF YOUR FEATHERS. I'M NOT HAPPY WITH THE YARN I'M USING, ALL LOOK THE SAME. I LIKE THE LONG COLOR CHANGE AND MINE ARE WAY TO SHORT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya Teresa about making those goofs. I'm having the same issues with my Antique Lace Cardigan I am knitting now. 2 steps forward and one step back, arggh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The feathers are gorgeous and the colors stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blues against that block is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Already breathtaking - going to be so gorgeous when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa, that is so cool! What beauty in the design, and of course the color is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so 'over my head' but, the pictures are great. Can't wait to see the finished project. Lovely colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...