Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Baby Quilt in the Blogger's Quilt Festival :*)


I couldn't resist putting this cute little quilt into the Baby Quilt category of the Blogger's Quilt Festival!


The quilt is lying in the grass, but no sun so it looks like a black background - go figure!
It was made for this little baby grandson - doesn't he look like he needs a cute quilt with fun vehicles on it?



The fabrics for this quilt are from the Happy Town line by Jacquelynne Steves.  They were absolutely perfect for this project!


The pattern I used was Rescue Squad by Erin Wilcoxon in the Sept/Oct '09 issue of Quiltmaker.  I paper-pieced three of each of all three of the different vehicles....


......but then I decided one of these little ambulances had to go to make room for this cute little helicopter that I put in the top left corner of the quilt :*)

Pattern design by Quiet Play and sold on Craftsy HERE
The quilting was done with this wonderful set of Aurifil threads - all the colors I needed were right there!


The darker red was just the right color for working inside the vehicles, while the lighter, more orangey red was perfect for outlining the vehicles in the outer border...


I used the yellow to outline the vehicles, after doing a little red SID inside for stability....





I used that really fun red/yellow/lime dot for the binding, which turned out really cute I think!


Stitched down by machine of course - much sturdier for a child (and quicker for me!)

Of course, one of my favorite parts of this quilt is the backing - the Happy Town panel that gives him a place to play with his own little cars!




Now, be sure to go and check out all the other great quilts in the Blogger's Quilt Festival!!!!

And if you feel so inclined, I sure would appreciate your vote for Hudson's Heroes HERE!



Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

25 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous little quilt, adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling quilt! Perfect for a little boy. You did great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilt for a cute grandson. Both look like real treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the cutest toddler quilts I've seen this year! So happy you decided to enter it in the Festival! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Super Cute Quilt! Love the PP helicopters and fire engines. Great work, I'm sure your grandson loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so stinkin' adorable!! My nephew would love that.

    And your grandson is a heartbreaker! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute, cute quilt!! I want to play with it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soo pretty and cute. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything about this quilt is darling...even the recipient! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Positively adorable!! Oh, and I like the quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of most favorite quilts you've made! I'm so glad you entered it. It will have my vote. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! I love vehicle quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A perfect quilt for a little boy. Also the back is beautifull.
    Joke

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super cute. It matches the super cute little boy perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. voilà un petit garçon comblé ,j'adore ce thème et les couleurs sont magnifiques.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome quilt for a special little guy! I love that photo of him and that gentle smile that he has on his face. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice to meet you! oh wow, what fun! so fun to see another take of To The Rescue!
    where did you get the cute helicopter foundation, and where did you get the rescue vehicles fabric? and the play panel for the backing is an amazing idea. great job!
    I hope you can visit my blog and see my versions! I entered mine in the wall quilt category.

    http://claddaghsquiltsandstars.blogspot.com/2013/04/finish-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still love looking at that cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely awesome, both the quilt and the great grandson to me. He is certainly going to be a handsome young man because he looks just like his granpa! The quilt is your usual great work! I can just see Hudson pushing his little cars around the back of that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this quilt, bright and cheery, a beautiful quilt for a beautiful grandson

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this quilt, so bright and cheery. A beautiful quilt for a beautiful grandson

    ReplyDelete
  22. This really is an adorable little quilt and what a cute baby! I also voted for you! Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...