Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Get It Done - January 2013

We got a little snow here in Nashville last night, but not enough to write home to mom about.  Still, it was snow and I was happy to see it sprinkled on the ground this morning :*)  Snow, I like.  But I admit I'm not so crazy about the cold temps!!!  I'm so glad to say goodbye to January!  I know, wishing my life away and all that, but I am just NOT a winter person!  February means it's at least halfway over LOL!!!

I know a lot of quilters like to snuggle up in a warm spot and stitch during the winter - I have a hard time doing anything in cold weather.  I think I have a lot of bear in me!  All I want to do is curl up somewhere and hibernate until it gets warmer :*D

The cold did inspire me to pick up the knitting needles for the first time in a long while though.  I've been drooling over some of the cute hand warmers I've seen lately.  Having an iPhone means I need to have my fingers uncovered to use it, so I finally decided to find a fairly easy pattern and try to make some of my own.  This is my first one and I'm tickled to say it fits perfectly - it's exactly what I wanted!!!


If you look VERY closely, you can see the little bit of sparkle in the yarn - 
and you all know how I love sparkle, right?  :*D

 The opening for the thumb area was larger in the pattern, but I wanted my thumb pad to be kept warm too, so I closed it up a little more and I'm very happy with the result!


Here is a picture from the book and the yarn I used - you can see more of the sparkle here!
The pattern is from Expand Your Knitting Skills by Leisure Arts  
I knitted this one in just one evening and did the stitching together the next night.  
I think I'll be making a couple more pairs of these :*D

I'm linking this finish up with Judy's On The Needles!

Considering all the cold weather I had to suffer through in January (LOL!), I think I did pretty well with my Get It Done list.  Since this list is just to keep me focused, I'm not going to be upset with myself when I don't finish everything up!  I'll simply carry the unfinished items over to the next month.

1.     Binding on Pineapple Blossoms - DONE!  (see picture HERE)

2.     Complete piecing Easy Street mystery top - almost, but not quite .....




I finished up piecing all the blocks last night, but I still need to piece them all together into a top and apply the borders.  I'm still trying to decide on the fabrics for borders too.
I wish I could get a better picture of the whole quilt from indoors :(

3.     Complete writing up the pattern for my Stitchery Keeper - again, almost but not quite.
I still have a few tweaks to make to the pattern, especially since I added a zipper pocket to the design that was not in my original.  I will then need to work on packaging & marketing. 

4.     Dresden Blog Hop project DONE!  You can see pictures of the Big Reveal HERE!

So for February, my Get It Done list will look like this:
1.    Complete Easy Street and have it ready for quilting, including the backing.
2.    Complete instructions for Stitchery Keeper and have it ready for sale.
3.    Catch up on all Curve It Up QAL blocks.
4.    Prepare and stitch next block in The Blue Collection.
5.    Complete and assemble the 2012 Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt - Rainbow Pineapples.

I added a fifth item since two of the items on the list are simply finishes from January and shouldn't take too terribly long.  Plus, I really want to finish that Pineapple quilt!  Go over to Judy's Patchwork Times HERE to see how others have done on their January goals!



Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

15 comments:

  1. Your fingerless mittens are such a pretty color and pattern. You must be an accomplished knitter too (cables and all); but I'm not surprised. You are do everything beautifully. Such a talent packaged in such a small box!!! (I can say this since I'm at least twice your height)!!! You did good on your Jan "GID" goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I think that's the same yarn I used to make my Mom a shawl for Christmas. I like your color better, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondeful mittens and your Easy Street is popping good....grin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must be SISTERS!!! Because we both like glittery, sparkly things. Either that or we're both crows or ravens or something. I choose sisters. LOL!! :) Good job on January's goals ... you had some good finishes (and almost finishes)!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on the knitting! I don't think I could even remember how to hold the needles. It has been over 40 years since I used them. : )
    Easy Street is looking wonderful. When yours is finished I can send you mine to finish up. Work for you? *LOL*
    You and Denise are twins separated at birth--have to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all, especially your hand warmers and Easy Street. Your banner rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the hand warmers - I could use a pair even inside (I have Raynaud's and almost zero tolerance for cool/cold weather ... which would be anything less than about 75 degrees). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fingerless mittens - such a gorgeous color and pretty pattern. I like your new blog header too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job on the mitts. Happy stitching this week end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, I hadn't known you knit too!!!! Very nice and impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could use a pair of hand warmers like those. I'm freezing here! We're expecting snow any minute here. We're woefully behind in snow this winter. Too bad I can't knit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the blue in your hand warmers, and the pattern is beautiful. Great Job on your Easy Street. I don't know about you but mine is still plugging along too. I may have all the big blocks pieced and ready to sew together this weekend. I can't weight to see how you finish yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Teresa! You are an amazement to me! Beautiful, beautiful! The sparkly yarn... I say YES! I'm with ya, sister. And that pineapple quilt? That is soooo beautiful; i love the pattern, and your color choices are simply... SPARKLING, too! {Remember... snow does sparkle... and the cold does not! However, it does give one color to the cheeks. And halfway through... oh my girl... that is very 'cool' indeed!! blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is just beautiful! Love your fingerless gloves - I keep a pair at work, and I should make a pair for home too. Easy Street is looking fabulous - can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mitten is so neat! Your Easy Street is looking great and congrats on the Stitchery Keeper pattern, sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...