Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Stash Report – Week #11

I made good progress this week in using my stash in fun ways!  I quilted and bound one quilt which used 5-1/2 yards for the backing & binding.  I’ll post some yummy pics tomorrow, but here's a peek just to whet your appetite!!!



I also finished up two Stitchery Keepers, which took about 1 yard each.  You can read more about how I came to design these HERE.  This is the main fabric for the second one that I finished up for a friend this afternoon.  Isn't the quilting fun and happy?  I free-motion quilted the daisies & hearts while looking at the Daisies Galore pantograph design as my guide.  I was pretty happy with how it turned out!


This is the back
I've been using this one that I made for myself this week, and it is just perfect for keeping everything all together and my project cloth clean and unwrinkled!  I will be putting together a pattern for this soon, so I’ll be able to offer the pattern to any of you that might be interested in making one for yourself!  I'll post more pics tomorrow. 


I also purchased fabric this week, but I kept it reasonable for once! :*)  This yummy purple has been calling out to me the last couple of visits to Marita's shop in Mt Juliet, The Quilter's Path, so I just had to bring a yard of it home to live in my stash because I love it.  =^..^=


My friend Joanne used it for her background on her Quilts inProgress wall-hanging and it is really stunning.

Then I also picked up a yard each of these two fabrics for a project I plan to make for my youngest grand-daughter Reaghan. 


I bought some Chalk Cloth last summer when I was in Little Blessings in Crossville, and I thought it would be cute to make Reaghan and her brother Adam a fabric chalkboard wall-hanging that they can play with in their rooms.  They will be 8 and 5 in June.  


Reaghan has become obsessed with Peace symbols this past year, so as soon as I saw this I had to have it for her chalkboard.  It even looks like the lines on writing paper!  Don’t you think she’ll love it?!?


That’s it for me this week.  My stash report currently looks like this:

Used this week:      7.5 yards
Used YTD 2012:      44.00 yards
Added this week:   3 yards
Added YTD 2012:   60.00 yards
Net Used for 2012: -16.00 yards

How is your stash coming along?  Head on over to Patchwork Times to see how others are doing with theirs.

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

8 comments:

  1. How are we going to win in this stash war? I do the same, I use a lot then buy a lot more. Oh well, having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your machine quilting looks great! Lots of fun projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one "in the red"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilting. And that fabric with the peace symbols is so cute - I'd buy some ,too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilting. Beautiful fabrics. The chalkboard wall hangings sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what pretty things you have pictured today! And great job in reducing your stash this week, too! I love, LOVE the fabric with the peace signs doodled on 'paper' -- too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. we're supposed to be winning the stash war? Oh man--I've been doing it WRONG!! Moonglow blocks--yeah--I think a lot of starch will be needed. Those look HARD!

    PS--yes--1/4th of the year is GONE already

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful quilting! I love your daisies and hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...