Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Word for 2012 …. ENJOY!!!

Some people like to establish a theme or a specific goal for the new year, and I’m usually not the kind to do that.  I rarely even set resolutions, because they are almost impossible to keep.  Right?  

However, this year I have decided that I would like to concentrate on growing my life in a positive way.  Not that my life is not great – it is!  But I know that I take a lot of my blessings for granted too often.  I love God, and I love my family, but how often do I really think about how blessed I am to have the freedom to talk to God and share my heart with Him any time I want to?  And how often do I really just sit and ENJOY talking to my husband or children or my mom about the little things in their lives?  No agenda, no plans, no problems to discuss, just ENJOYing each other?  This year I am going to make it my goal to be more purposeful about my life and how I spend the gift of each day.

I plan to concentrate on ENJOYing my quilting life more too.  Now, I hear some of you laughing – NOT NICE!!!  Remember, Santa may be gone for a while, but he’ll be back and he’s already started making his list!!!  What I meant by that statement (before I was so rudely interrupted!) is that I have realized that I am grinding my way through the “process” stage of some of my projects and not ENJOYing the journey as much as I’d like. 

I absolutely LOVE the planning – visualizing it, choosing colors and fabrics, etc. – and I equally love having that finished quilt in my hot little hands!  However, when it comes to the process part of cutting, pinning, sewing, un-sewing, sewing again, changing my mind on colors midway through, finding out my seams are not a true quarter-inch and remaking blocks….. well, I sort of get bogged down in “wishing” instead of “enjoying” – wishing I was done!

I know that what I need is a good attitude adjustment!!!  I need to relax more and fret less!  After all, I love to sew!!!  I’ve been sewing since I was 12 and would not be a happy camper if I could not sew.  So why do I mentally rush through the enjoyment I should be getting from sewing seams together to form wonderful shapes like a puzzle, watching piles of lovely sparkling blocks grow, the sense of accomplishment with each row assembled?  That’s a question I’ll be asking myself throughout the year in 2012!  I plan to make a concentrated effort to be more present in the journey, and to try not to be in such an all-fired hurry to get to my destination.

So my word for 2012 is ENJOY!!!  I plan to ENJOY my time with my Lord every morning.  To ENJOY time with my husband and my family.  To ENJOY time with my close friends.  To ENJOY the responsibilities I’ve accepted in my various quilt guilds.  To ENJOY even the cold sting of winter and dark, gray rainy days.  Because all things are a gift from God and I am so grateful for all He has blessed me with!  And I am going to choose to allow even the mundane events in my life to lead me closer to Him.

Have you set a goal for your life for 2012?  I hope you’ll share your journey with me!   Let’s ENJOY 2012 together!!!

Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...