Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Stash Report - Week #4

Movement in the Stash this week!!!

Here is a sneak peek at a completed project that I will talk more about later in the week.  I just LOVE those colors!!!

I used up about 4.5 yards for the backing on this quilt.  I’ve worked on several other projects, but nothing else completed so I can’t count that yardage as used quite yet.

For additions to the stash, I remembered that I purchased a few fabrics last week that were not included in last week's report - uh oh!!!  Those fabrics were mostly stripes to add to my stash, but I also bought a wonderful blue-gray batik with white spots that looks like snow for a future snowman project.  I believe the total yardage was about 5 yards.

And this week I purchased 4 yards of Cream Kona to be used as the background fabric for a new embroidery project.  I’ve actually changed my mind since and am using something else on that project, but Kona is always a welcome addition to the Stash, right?  I’ll introduce the embroidery project tomorrow on my Design Wall!

So my Stash Report for this week is:

Used this week: 4.5 yards
Used YTD 2012:  17.25 yards
Added this week: 9.0 yards
Added YTD 2012:  9.0 yards
Net Used for 2012:  8.25 yards

Not looking quite as good as last week, huh?  But still in the black!

To see how others are busting/using their stash, click here to go to Patchwork Times. The linkup will start bright and early Sunday morning!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

8 comments:

  1. It boggles my mind to try and keep track of what I used and what I added. I don't know how you keep up with it--especially when three of my current projects are from men's shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      Some people just guestimate. You can estimate using the size of blocks, or some people actually calculate mathematically (W x L). A yard =36 x 44 =1584) So if you cut 4 - 10 x 10 pieces, you have 10 x 10 x 4 = 400 / 1584 is about 1/4 yard).

      Nancy

      Delete
    2. Hey Nancy! That's great advice! I was wondering right along with Janet how to calculate those odd types of yardages. I've been busy deconstructing some shirts too and will be adding them to the stash before too long. Thanks so much for the help!!!

      Delete
  2. Great numbers for early 2012! Something in, but lots out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you to be in the black. I'm still under. I don't count my fabric until it's completely finished. I am putting a quilt on quilting machine today...that should put me on the right side of zero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa - you are doing a great job with your stash. Looking forward to seeing the quilt you have a picture of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this project. A few years ago, I would not have used or liked that green-now I find I like it, use it and wear it and love it in quilts with blue and yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...